Making Our Home Your Legacy
The mission of Sophia Snow Place is to help women and men age purposefully and with dignity.
Through an estate or planned gift to Sophia Snow Place, you can play a vital and lasting role in helping us serve future generations of seniors in need in our community.
By planning your estate and legacy, you can:
- Give a personally significant gift to Sophia Snow Place
- Tailor your gift to meet your personal and familial objectives
- Save on gift and estate taxes
- Reduce or avoid capital gains taxes
- Receive income for life
Read why others have chosen to name Sophia Snow Place in their estate plans
Gift options include:
Will and Living Trust Bequests
- You can provide for Sophia Snow Place in your will or living trust, designating a specific amount, a specific asset, a percentage of your estate or the residue.
- Your bequest is deductible for federal estate tax purposes to the full extent allowed by law.
Life Insurance Policies and IRAs
- You can designate Sophia Snow Place to receive part or all of an IRA or life insurance policy.
- IRAs usually require some form of tax payment when funds are distributed, but by naming Sophia Snow Place as the beneficiary, taxes are avoided since we are a non-profit organization.
Charitable Remainder Trusts
- You can establish a charitable remainder trust and provide yourself, or your designated beneficiaries, with an annual income, usually for life, with the remainder of the donated assets benefiting Sophia Snow Place at maturity.
- Charitable trusts offer the donor potential gift and estate tax benefits.
Sophia Snow Place Legacy Society
Sophia Snow Place recognizes and honors the generosity and vision of planned giving donors through our Sophia Snow Place Legacy Society.
- The Sophia Snow Place Legacy Society ensures that our mission is perpetuated by means of charitable giving.
- If you have made a commitment to a planned gift, you automatically qualify as a Legacy Society member; simply advise us of your plans.
- Sophia Snow Place Legacy Society membership involves no dues or obligations of any kind, and you may give anonymously. Membership benefits include an invitation to periodic Legacy Society recognition lunches and listings in our publications.
However you choose to give, your gift will change a senior’s life. We are deeply grateful for your kindness and generosity. For more information or to notify us of your gift, please contact:
Those who have given to Sophia Snow Place’s Legacy Fund include:
|Corinne Blakeslee||Shirley and Irving Houston|
|Mary Casey||Geralyn R. Kolakowski|
|Marie L. Gall||Eldoner Lewis|
|Rose M. Giunta||Rita A. McLaughlin|
|Rosalind Granoff||Thelma P. Moore|
|Irene G. Welsh|
We are grateful to these and our anonymous donors, whose gifts make it possible for us to fulfill our mission. If you are interested in learning more about how to make Sophia Snow Place part of your planned giving, please contact Candace Cramer at firstname.lastname@example.org