Supportive Living vs Assisted Living
What’s the difference?
Sophia Snow House, a supportive living facility licensed by the Department of Public Health, provides accommodations, services, and staffing similar to Assisted Living.
Similar to Assisted Living
- Sophia Snow House provides private suites with bath
- Sophia Snow House offers three meals a day and a choice of menu items
- Sophia Snow House has 24-hour 7-day week staffing.
- Sophia Snow House employs a full-time nurse manager to coordinate care to residents.
- Sophia Snow House assists residents with personal care and daily activities.
- Sophia Snow House offers a range of activities to entertain, stimulate, and inform residents.
Different than Assisted Living
- Sophia Snow House provides secure, centralized storage of all medications as compared to Assisted Living where medications are stored in residents’ units.
- Sophia Snow employs staff trained to administer medications directly to residents as compared to the system of “reminders” in Assisted Living.
- The nurse at Sophia Snow House can administer injections and perform basic nursing care functions such as changing a bandage.